Saturday, April 25, 2020

Erasmus in Zagreb,Croatia (Part1-The Earlier Days)

My flight Istanbul-Zagreb 27.02.2020
The first day at Zagreb (Ban Jelacic Square)
                               
W/ Zeynep 💖

Hey, there! 😊

  Welcome to my blog 🙋 I would like to talk about near future. The subject is my Erasmus experience. In the 2020 Spring semester, I was supposed to be at Zagreb, doing my Erasmus. I said "was" because now I am back in Turkey.🙍 The reason is very clear if you are reading this on April 2020 but if you will read this blog later, it is because of pandemic. Corona virus has spread all over the world. It is supposedly came from China, but now it is all over the world. I hope it will get better beacause this is very serious problem. 🙏 At the first place, I thought there are so many prevention and it can't be a big deal. So I never thought it would end my Erasmus, but here we are. 😭 

  After all this complaint, I should start from the beginning. On 27th of February, I travelled to Istanbul with my parents for my flight.✈ I flew with Turkish Airlines, which is the perfect choice, I was at Zagreb about 8 a.m. Firstly, I took a bus to arrive city center and then went to my place to settle down. On that day, we had an orientation at my school. My school's name is Zagreb University of Applied Science (TVZ). So I went to the school but it was a little bit late so I couldn't find our Erasmus coordinator. Before I go, I met a friend on social media she told me everything about that meeting. I was lucky to have friend like her who was also Turkish Erasmus student at Zagreb. She went there a few days earlier than me. She was so kind to me and than we were going to spend a lot of time together. Her name is Zeynep, I love her!! 😍👭 

  At the beginning I met other Turkish friends who were also arrived before me. They showed me around the city center. At first I thought everything is similar I could get lost easily, but then realized it is not possible. 😀 I can't forget the burger we ate that day. In my country, the menu prices are pretty cheap and satisfying. Don't be afraid if you're coming from an Europian country prices won't seem that high. There are so many Pan-pek bakeries where you can buy various pastries. We loved these bakeries. 🍩🍰 I can talk about the food later if anyone will be interested. So we wandered around the city center and I bought a new Sim Card for an acceptable price. It had 10 gb internet so I could use Google Maps freely. 

  In these early days, we spent out time exploring the places to eat etc. 
So this is the end of the first part! Thank you for reading. Love you all!! 💖💖

2 comments:

Zagreb , Croatia

Main Square The view of Zagreb Welcome to my blog! 👀   In this part, I will show you my favorite places as possible as I can...

Popüler yayınlar