Monday, April 27, 2020

Museum of Broken Relationships, Zagreb

Welcome to my blog! 😇

  As you see in headline, in this blog I will talk about the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb,Croatia. I wanted to talk about it because the museum is so interesting. Before you go, of course you have an idea what will you see in the museum. However, I thought there was just stories of ex-lovers. There was not just lovers, there was also ended friendships, dad-daughter relationships etc.The purpose of the museum is treasuaring and sharing the heartbreak stories and symbolic possessions with people. 

"It is a museum about you, about us, about the ways we love and lose."

  The stories were really broke my heart back then. 💔 I will attach some photos of my favorite stories below so you could click on them and see. Especially, one of them which is from my country, Turkey. In the story there is a couple, they were engaged. When there is very little time before they get married, her fiance went on a business trip. He came back to Turkey and when he was on the airport there was an explosion set by terrorists. He lost his life in that attack. The story was really sad because I remember the Istanbul Ataturk airport attack in 2016. (You can find info on this link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36658187 )


Wedding Dress (From the story above)


  Beside the sad stories, I think there was also more impressive ones. I want to share one of them. The story is a year relationship from Beijing, China. The headline of the story is "A spectrum of a star" and I will quote the article:

"We are both astronomers. On my 26th birthday he sent me a spectrum of a star in the Orion constellation as my birthday gift. This star, named pi3, is 26 light years away from the Earth. He said, 'Look, at the time when you were born, the ligh left this star, passing through the endless interstellar space, the countless dust and nebula, arriving here after a 26-light-year journey. So, have you. Here you meet your starlight, and I meet you.'  (Also there is a note writed in Chineese  and continues in English.)   I could only hear the sound of my heart beating then. Though we have since broken up, every time I see the Orion constellation, I relieve some sweet memories. "


A spectrum of a star

  I want to end my blog with the story which includes the sentence I loved so much. The story is from 4 years relationship in Tijuana, Mexico. The headline of the story is "Diary, pocket watch, necklace". Again, I will directly quote the story:

"Diego often said to me. 'There are two types of true love. One fills you with passion and love, but you clash and cannot be together. The other, you marry.' Perhaps he loved me too much."


Diary, pocket watch, necklace


  I would love to share the all stories, but it is impossible. As you would guess, I recommed you to visit this museum if your path falls. My last shares about this museum is, I was so glad to be there and read all these stories and be the part of them. Although some memories hurt, they turn into unique and beautiful memories when they pass. 

  Thank you for reading. Keep following!! 💖💖


A holy water bottle shaped as the Virgin Mary

Comfort doll AKA voodoo doll
Set of acupuncture pens


Letter
Dreads
Number 2
Half-written post-it note

1 comment:

  1. Museum has lost of attractive stories and equipments. I see and learn thanks for you. Unfortunatelly, museum is a bit tragic but it is a important place. I love your share again. Thanks for you, people can learn new things. I keep following and you keep writing 😅😅😅

    ReplyDelete

Zagreb , Croatia

Main Square The view of Zagreb Welcome to my blog! 👀   In this part, I will show you my favorite places as possible as I can...

Popüler yayınlar